Strawberry Cream Tart
AKA…Oklahoma Red Dirt Pie
or Red Dirt Pie w/ no Red Dye!
This Month over at Pies With That the theme is to make a Vacation Pie. This pie should be inspired by a vacation you have taken or hope to take.
Looking back, the most frequent vacation that I took was to Oklahoma. I lived in California, however most the rest of my family is from Oklahoma. As a kid I’d go there almost anytime I got a break from school.
One of the things Oklahoma is known for is Red Dirt. I created this “Red Dirt” pie in honor of that. As a note, I also used strawberries because the strawberry is the state fruit of Oklahoma, and a great summer treat!
Gram Cracker Crust
6 tablespoons butter
24 gram crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1) Melt Butter
2) Smash Gram Crackers. I put them in a zip-lock bag and used a rolling pin. Then Measure out 1 1/2 cups Gram Cracker Crumbs
3) Add in sugar, mix.
4) Add in Butter. Mix together.
5) Shape into Pie tin.
6) bake at 350 for 10 minutes
1 bag frozen strawberies
3oz heavy cream
1 (6oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 qt. strawberries
1 c. sugar
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. lemon juice
1) Blend Frozen Strawberies with water to create a strawberry puree.
2) Blend room-temperature Cream cheese with 3oz of heavy cream. Add 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp corn starch, 1tsp lemon juice.
3) Mix Strawberry Puree into Cream Cheese Mixture
4) Place in pie crust, allow to chill.